Boost Your Shopify Sales – Ultimate Shopify SEO Tips
2020 is so digitally robust; everyone’s getting creative, especially after the current pandemic. Why would someone even want Shopify SEO tips in such an empowering digital world?
Well, here’s more than why:
Business in the digital world demands more than just setting up a mom-and-pop store and waiting for people to step inside to grab the offerings. The front-end can be a fascinating, beautifully designed e-store, but the back-end may still lack the right strategies.
Like all other e-business platforms, Shopify also has its own SEO in place. Not quite surprisingly, it can be challenging, yet totally worth it. The time you spend in the SEO-Shopify will grow your online business with conversions that your business strived for so long.
So, how empowered would you be only experimenting with something that is the lifeline of your business? That’s where you need the right Shopify SEO tips that could potentially drive skid loads of sales for you.
So, let’s end the debate on the outline of the upcoming details. There will be two distinct sections of this guide:
- In the first part, we will share the tips to boost Shopify sales.
- The second part would shed light on the FAQs related to SEO on Shopify.
Let’s get started with the first section:
Section 1: 5 Shopify SEO Tips To Get Your Shopify E-Store Rolling
When it comes to running a Shopify store, you don’t always have to hire Shopify SEO experts. There are a number of scenarios where you can do several things to DIY your Shopify SEO. You can be your own hero to run a lucrative Shopify business.
When you buckle yourself up for it, some basic SEO features come with a Shopify store you should know about.
You can edit Shopify product URL, Shopify meta tags for pages and blog posts. In addition to that, Shopify gives you the built-in option of changing the alt text of images. The auto-generated canonical tags help manage the duplication of content on the search engines.
And that’s not all.
Other than these features, you can follow the upcoming tips to run a more visible Shopify e-store.
1. Create An Easily Navigated Store To Make It Attractive For The Visitors:
Consider entering into a shop where you cannot find anything you want. What will be the result? You will be frustrated and want to run back out as soon as possible. The same is the case with an e-store on Shopify. If it is complicated to navigate, the visitor will run away.
To solve this problem, Shopify gives options of themes and menus to the store owners.
The themes have three types:
- Boundless – In this theme, the menu appears on the corner of each page.
- Simple – In this theme, the menu appears as a sidebar on every page.
- Supply – In this theme, the menu appears on the page header.
You can choose any of the best Shopify themes for SEO that suits your business type.
These themes can have the main menus of the following types:
- Horizontal menu – These menus appear on top of the page horizontally.
- Sidebar Menu – Sidebar menu appears on the left of the page in the dropdown form.
- Hamburger menu –This menu usually appears as three small horizontal lines. By clicking on those lines, you can access the main menu.
- Footer menu – As the name suggests, it is the menu that appears on the lower side of a page and is usually used for organizing company policies and other details.
- Additional features – In this type of menu, you can add direct images of the products and their links. It is most suitable for products that involve imagery, such as art collection pieces.
By using these themes and menus, you can create a store that is easy to navigate.
All right, so your store is made easily navigable. What next?
Time to glue your visitors to your site and reduce the bounce rate.
2. Improve The User Interface To Hook The Visitor:
A Shopify store has three user interface elements that combine to make a page click-worthy.
- More clicks —> a better probability of conversion,
- more sales —> increased ROAS and revenue.
So, see the wonders a meaningful click is capable of?
It all starts with just one click!
Considering that power, let’s make your Shopify store more click-able.
The elements for this purpose are:
As discussed in our top tip (number 1), navigational elements are crucial to be managed correctly if you want to hook the customer on your store.
These elements include everything a customer enters as an input – such as their details, or the selection of options on a menu, etc.
Informational elements are those elements on a store page that give information about the visitor’s purchase process.
Integrating all of these elements in a way that doesn’t confuse the visitor is your key to success when it comes to the best SEO-for-Shopify options. A user interface that is flashy and non-obvious can lead to a low click-through rate. So, choose your options wisely and place yourself in the visitor’s shoes before making the Shopify pages.
After all, nobody likes a complicated menu or a lengthy, frustrating checkout process.
The most crucial point to keep in mind is neither are you playing Dare And Dare with your customers, nor the Game Of Riddles. The users are not visiting you to solve a riddle either while shopping online. Therefore, the simpler your interphase, the better.
Bottom line: Incorporate action-driving call-to-action buttons wherever necessary and leverage the search process by choosing easy navigation themes.
Now that you have taken steps to decrease your bounce rate, what else do you need?
Lower down the bounce rate further by choosing the right keywords.
3. Research The Keywords That Can Help Boost Sales:
Keywords are the lifeblood of any search engine optimization strategy in the digital space. They tell you about the search preferences of the users. SEO for Shopify also needs a content strategy that keeps keyword research as a core element.
The critical question here is, how to do the keyword research for a Shopify store?
Well, the answer is both simple and complicated.
You pick the product category you’re dealing with and dig deep using keyword research tools (hang in there! That’s the topic of the next section. We have already got you covered!).
Targeting low-competition keywords is usually a beneficial approach. You’d always be tempted to target high competition keywords, but remember! The fight for top ranks for those keywords is never easy. You have to fight with all your might to get there. So, choose your battles wisely.
The next and most important step is to keep a close eye on the competitor’s SEO strategies. Ranking for a search term that your competitor ranks for could be a tiring process, but it gives a clear direction to your content strategy.
Now you know the keywords that can grow your sales, shouldn’t you do that?
Not so fast!
First, learn how to strategically use them in your store to make the best out of your efforts.
4. Use The Selected Keywords Strategically To Rank Higher On The Search Engines:
A digitally aware person knows the importance of using keywords in the right place. You, as the Shopify store owner, are the best person who should be mindful of this. So, let us enlighten you with the core tactics to ace the sales process with the strategic placement of the keywords:
According to the Shopify help center, the Shopify keywords need to be incorporated in the following places on a product page:
Shopify meta tags:
Meta tags are about 70-character long titles of a product that appear as clickable links on the Shopify product page. Make sure to use your focus keyword in the meta tags to ensure the visibility you need (and deserve).
Shopify homepage meta description:
The meta description of a homepage describes what the product is all about. It is a 320-character definition of the Shopify store and what’s inside it. A high ranking Shopify page needs to use the focus keyword in the meta description.
Alt-text is the descriptive text you enter for the images you upload on the Shopify product page. Do not name and tag the pictures with some random numbers. Write a description of the picture that contains the focus keyword, instead.
Use the keywords in the URL of the product pages for better search engine optimization.
If you haven’t taken all these measures yet, open your Shopify store settings to edit each element. And brace yourselves for the qualified traffic and an instant sales boost you have been waiting for.
And after placing your chosen keywords in your content, strategically, time to build and nourish your backlinks profile.
5. Encourage Others To Link Back To Your Shopify Store To Build A Promising Backlink Profile:
Consider this situation for a minute:
A friend with a high reputation and a good name refer you to a shop – however unknown that shop is. Another friend you do not trust much endorses a good brand. These shops your friends refer you to our referrers and those friends are the referees.
How likely are you to listen to each of the two friends? If you trust your friend’s name and fame (and your gut feeling that trusts your friend’s name and fame), you should go for the first store.
In the digital world, backlinks are the referrals that other websites give to your website. A high domain authority backlink profile is what all online entities need to rank higher on the search engines. A strong backlink profile is essential for ranking higher on search engines.
There are several ways to achieve it in the Shopify SEO process. Let’s explore some:
Identify blogs that are relevant to your Shopify product line. Next, contact them via proposing to guest post on their blogs. This would get you relevant backlinks.
Encourage popular influencers to review your products. Ask them to endorse your particular products in their niche or your store in general. One video, one endorsement, or a simple post by a famous influencer on their social media handles could be a game-changer.
However, make sure to be strategic here too. You don’t want it to look like a paid promotion. So, the best way to do it is to give them a product as a gift and ask them for a genuine review.
Links from your manufacturers:
A listing on the manufacturer directory is also a simple yet effective (emphasizing the word *effective* here) way to gather backlinks.
Making catchy infographics:
Make and upload infographics that have catchy messages that can be mass-shared. This can lead to link building.
In the reading, these are just 5 Shopify SEO tips; these are the best operational strategies that could potentially rank you high, bring qualified traffic, and out-compete the best of your competitors.
So, practice each one and experience what we call the Accelerated growth.
Now that we have discussed the Shopify SEO checklist, we will move further to answering all the Shopify SEO related frequently asked questions.
Section 2: Shopify SEO FAQs
We have hand-picked a list of Shopify store owners’ most critical issues before, during, and after they DIY SEO on Shopify. So, brace yourselves for a value and information overdose in a way that makes the process a cinch for you. You’ll pick some of the most precious pearls of SEO optimization on Shopify and Shopify or e-commerce SEO best practices to rank higher.
So, let’s get started without any delay:
1. Is Shopify Good For SEO?
The short answer, “Yes, it is.”
But, let’s look at the longer version of this answer too:
Lucky for the users, Shopify provides several built-in features for optimizing your Shopify store. To help you rank higher on the search engine result pages, the features include:
- Shopify alt text
- Shopify meta description
- Your Shopify meta tag
- Shopify URL
So, “Yes, it is.”
2. How To Improve SEO On Shopify?
You can improve SEO on Shopify by:
- Creating an easily navigated store to make it suitable for visitors.
- Improving the user interface to hook the visitor.
- Researching the keywords that can help boost sales.
- Using the selected keywords strategically to rank higher on the search engines.
- Working on a good backlink profile by encouraging others to link back to your Shopify store.
These are definitely not the only Shopify SEO tools to get the job done, but these are worth all the effort.
3. How To Speed Up Shopify Stores?
Here’s how to optimize the Shopify website for speed:
- Reduce the number of apps in your store.
- Compress the picture size of the images you upload
- Choose a fast-paced theme for your Shopify store.
- Website performance optimization.
4. Why Doesn’t My Site Show Up In Search Engine Results?
There could be many potential causes that keep your Shopify site from showing up in the search engine. Here are a few you should consider:
- Your store is new
- The online store is password protected.
- Your account is in the trial phase.
- The store lacks keyword optimization strategies.
5. How Do I Promote My Shopify Website?
When it comes to promoting your Shopify store, there’s no one recommended way, and there are skid-loads of the way you could pick from. Lucky for you, there is no right and wrong way. You can promote your Shopify website by:
- Investing time in SEO
- Contacting influencers to promote your store
- Investing in Facebook ads
- Managing your Instagram handle for promotion of your Shopify store
- Announcing sales
- Or using a combination of these strategies the way it suits your business.
6. How Do I Attract Customers To Shopify?
You can opt for a multi-faceted approach to attract customers to your Shopify store, such as:
- Integrating your social media handles
- Guest posting for blogs in your niche
- Focusing on content marketing
- Going for paid advertising on social media platforms.
7. How Can I Increase My Shopify Sales Quickly?
Increasing your Shopify sales is not a game of luck but a game of strategy. Here are a few tried and tested ways to improve your Shopify sales:
- Reach your customers through email
- Integrate your social media accounts
- Add call to action buttons on your product pages on Shopify
- Give promotions on your store
- Arrange social media contests
8. Where Can I Promote My Shopify Store?
You can promote your Shopify store on:
- Facebook groups
- Facebook shops
- Shopify affiliate Programs
- Facebook ads
- Instagram stories
- Instagram ads
- Or a combination of the above options, the way that suits your business better.
9. How Do I Make My First Sale On Shopify?
You could earn billions and billions on an online store through sales, but your first ever sale would always be the most important, anticipated, and, well, difficult one.
Here are a few ways to try to make your first sale on Shopify:
- Sell to your Facebook groups.
- Sell to your friends and family.
- Run contests and giveaways
- Setting up a low introductory price
- Promote the product through Instagram stories
10. How Much Does Shopify Make Per Sale?
Shopify has different plans for different account settings as:
1- For the $29 account:
The $29 account is Shopify Basic. It takes up to 2.9% +30 cents per transaction.
2- For the $79 account:
This is Shopify Monthly. This takes up to 2.6% + 30 cents per transaction.
3- For the $299 account:
This is known as Advance Shopify, which takes up to 2.4% + 30 cents per transaction.
4- For the $2000 account:
This starts with the Shopify Plus package for monthly use. One should use Shopify payments to avoid extra fees.
Credit card charges also apply. To avoid these charges, use Shopify Payment.
11. What Can I Sell On Shopify?
This probably is the most critical question that has most store owners and business persons scratch their heads. We, here, have an easy formula to beat the confusion: aim for the trending products.
The trending products this year include:
- Yoga mats
- Kitchen items
- Dining Furniture
- Face masks
- Rugs & Carpets
12. What Can I Not Sell On Shopify?
There is a big list of items that you cannot sell on Shopify. Unfortunately, Shopify doesn’t make an exception for you even if it is declared legal where you live.
This list includes:
- Cannabidiol (or CBD)
- High-demand items – especially useful in the Covid-19 pandemic
- Some high-risk products
- Gaming Options
13. What Are The Best Shopify Tools?
Shopify provides us with many beneficial FREE tools. Using those tools could significantly boost your sales.
These are the top 9 tools which are also marked best for entrepreneurs:
- Exchange tool – to buy and sell
- Burst – to stock new images
- Kit – marketing automation tool
- Business name generator – to find a business name.
- Slogan maker – to make catchy slogans for sale.
- Hatchful – to design your logo
- Image resizer – helps you redefine your image.
- Finance calculator – to manage your store finances
- Oberlo – helps to find products to sell online.
14. What Are The Best Shopify Apps?
There are hundreds of applications available on Shopify. 33 of them are ranked ‘the best,’ that actually help you increase your sales:
- Trust pulse
- Constant Contact
- Push Engage
- Candy Rack
- Referral Candy
- Plug-In SEO
- Smile.io Rewards
- Social photos
- SEO image optimizer
- Facebook channel
- Messenger channel
- Recent FB messenger marketing
- Buy button channel
- Facebook live chat
- One-click social login
- Rewards and Referrals by Swell
- Wishlist plus
- AfterShip Return Centre
- Catalog Maker
- Back in stock
- Pre-order manager
- Partial.ly payment plans
- PayWhirl Recurring Payments
- Recurring Payments
15. Is Shopify SEO Safe And Secure?
Shopify is safe. Shopify SEO is a public trading company with huge investments & security engineering. Many factors might affect website speed. Since Shopify handles speed & security at a global level, they can handle it very well.
Shopify is certified to Level 1 PCI DSS standard. Here are some of the security steps guaranteed on the platform:
- The store is equipped with data encryption tools.
- Shopify payment & transfers are protected.
- Viruses are prevented at the servers.
- Risk analysis tools are available.
- With all of the above measures, constant security monitoring is also done.
16. Is Shopify Really Worth It For Beginners?
Yes, Shopify is amongst the top choices and an excellent solution for enterprising beginners and experts. It offers a platform to all the beginners where selling is not only made easy, but free tools and applications are also provided to improve your sales.
In a nutshell, it is the best opportunity for entrepreneurs who want to step into the market with some high goals.
17. Which Companies Use Shopify?
It might come to many as a surprise, but it remains the fact that many big companies use Shopify online stores. Since 2006, many large brands have moved over to Shopify. Over 820,000+ merchants count on Shopify. They are now seeing companies like P&G, Johnson & Johnson, and Unilever building their own consumer stores on this platform.
With 126% year-over-year average growth, it is no wonder that the platform holds 10% of the global e-commerce market share. Here is a list of 30 best brands on Shopify today:
- Homegrown meats
- Turtle beach
- Electric Visual
- Kylie Cosmetics
- Death Wish Coffee Company
- Tesla motors
- All birds
- Red bull
- Herschel Supply Co.
- Water aid
- Gym shark
- Blenders Eyewear
- Boll and Branch
- Jones Soda
- MVMT watches
- The NY Times Store
- Pura Vida Bracelets
- The Hundreds
- Pure Cycles
- Rebecca Minkoff
- Tula skincare
- The Economist
18. Is Shopify Stock Worth Buying?
Yes, Shopify stocks are worth buying, provided you are aware of the scam websites out there.
A number of the websites you will come across are affiliated with those looking to take your money and run away. They successfully make a fool of you, making you believe that they are offering excellent service. However, in reality, they don’t give you an option at all.
Therefore, I think it is safe to say that Shopify stock is worth buying, although it may not be as good as the websites that give you a free account.
19. Is Shopify The Replacement Of Other Big Brands?
Shopify is absolutely a winner when you are a basic seller and you don’t have enough resources to get a web developer. It can also be used in place of the big names used in the market because it’s a rich-featured platform with various Shopify SEO and non-SEO tools and apps.
The overall ease of use marked it as the top of performance and reliability. Shopify can easily be used as a replacement for these stores:
20. What Are The Best Shopify Stores?
More than a million people rely on Shopify to sell products online. Although there are many solutions available these days, Shopify is still marked as one of the safest and easiest eCommerce platforms to sell your goods. Here is the list of Shopify top 15 stores:
- JB Hi-Fi
- The Nova
- Colourpop cosmetics
- Culture Kings
- All birds
- The Ridge Wallet
- Steve Madden
21. Which Inbuilt Payment Services Are Provided By Shopify?
Shopify is a complete eCommerce platform that allows people to set up their online store and sell products on different channels. Shopify is built-in with many payment services like:
- Amazon Pay
- Apple Pay
22. Is Shopify Suitable For Beginners?
If you’re new to Shopify (and most of us are!), it is pretty easy to set up a shop using this platform with just a few quick steps.
All you’d ever need to do is sign up for a Shopify account and then log in. From here, you can choose which products you’d like to sell in your online shop.
This is in stark contrast to many other systems available that require you to know everything about the system literally before using it, including the code needed to build your site.
23. What Shopify SEO Plugin Should You Use For Your Site?
The platform doesn’t leave you out alone on your own when it comes to SEO. There are many Shopify SEO plugins, but a review recommends the following top Shopify SEO plugins you should consider:
- SEO Image Optimizer
- Fire AMP
- Plugin SEO
If you are a business owner or just someone who wants to start a small business online, you have likely heard of Shopify. If you haven’t, you have practically missed out on a lot, but time to make up for that.
This eCommerce website has been around since 2006 and has many different eCommerce tools to help you get your website running quickly. Shopify is one of the largest retailers on the internet and sells a variety of other products. It offers outstanding customer service, and with the right advice, you can create a great shop with minimal effort and minimal money. This is one company that is capable of meeting all your needs.
This guide is all about giving you the most basic yet the most useful Shopify SEO tips to leverage the power of the platform to:
- Gain visibility
- Increase the incoming traffic to your site, both qualitatively and quantitatively
- Drive more sales
- Increasing revenue
If DIY SEO is a little too much for you, or you want to intensify and accelerate your results percentage, a high-ranking results-oriented SEO agency is your go-to solution. Our Shopify SEO experts would be happy to help you with auditing your Shopify store for free and proposing a customized strategy to get the job done. Feel free to discuss your Shopify SEO problems and get them solved or resolved before you it.